The 27th Formation Evaluation Symposium of Japan, 2022
13th – 16th September 2022
(TBD) 9:00-17:00 Japan Standard Time (GMT+9:00) Each Day
|NOTE to those who consider participation in JFES symposium;
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, JFES committees have officially decided that the 27th JFES Symposium will be held as a hybrid of online and onsite event. The online symposium will be designed soon.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Sponsor : SPWLA Japan Chapter (Japan Formation Evaluation Society: JFES)
Cosponsor : Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation (JOGMEC)
The 27th Formation Evaluation Symposium of Japan will be held as a “hybrid” event over four (4) days from 13th to 16th September. The onsite venue will be in Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation – Technology & Research Center (JOGMEC-TRC), Chiba. The symposium will be 9:00-17:00 Japan Standard Time (GMT+09:00) each day. All persons involved in oil, gas, new energy, geo-engineering industry, and scientific drillings are invited to showcase your case studies, new technologies and innovations.
The symposium committees are soliciting papers in the following General Themes:
Reservoir Characterization of Conventional Reservoirs
Reservoir Characterization of Unconventional Reservoirs
Automated Methods of Formation Evaluation
Specialized Measurement Techniques and Interpretation Methods
Core and Well-Log Integration
In the special session, “Geothermal”, JFES will provide petrophysicists, geologists, geophysicists and engineers with an opportunity to share their expertise and case studies for geothermal energy development. We are soliciting papers in the following Special Themes:
Formation Evaluation of Conventional Geothermal Reservoirs
Formation Evaluation of Supercritical Geothermal Reservoirs
Specialized Borehole Measurement and Well Testing in Geothermal Wells
Geophysical Exploration in Geothermal Field
Geological Modeling and Dynamic Simulation for Geothermal Reservoirs
Formation Evaluation for Direct Utilization of Geothermal Energy
SPWLA Japan Board of Directors encourage students to participate and present. Best Student Awards will be presented to the outstanding presentation. The student awarded would be nominated for SPWLA student paper contest in the international SPWLA 2023 symposium.
There will be no poster session, so abstract submission is for consideration an oral presentation only. Each presentation would be total of 25 minutes (TBD), including 15 minutes oral presentation, 10 minutes live Q&A.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Abstract must be submitted online using the following Microsoft Forms:
- The official language of JFES is English. All submitted abstracts will be archived by JFES, therefore authors are required to thoroughly review the grammar and spelling before submission.
- Abstract shall contain 200-400 words.
- Abstract must NOT contain figures, diagrams or tables.
- The online submitting form will be automatically closed at 11:59 pm Japan Standard Time (GMT+09:00) 20th March 2022 and will not accept submission anymore.
- We are open to accept revision only before the submission deadline. If revision is required, visit abstract submission form again and select “Revision” in the questionnaire. Specify the version to avoid confusion and submit the full text.
- It is essential that the written email address is correct, valid and accepting email message from JFES; acceptance/rejection notice and other correspondence will be made via email. Your abstract is not successfully submitted until you receive a confirmation email after clicking the final submit button. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail, please contact us.
ABSTRACT SUBMITTERS’ DECLARATION
- Once paper is accepted, the abstract will be published in “Petrophysics” journal and JFES homepage for the announcement of the symposium.
- US Copyright law requires a copyright transfer be obtained from authors of papers published in SPWLA publications. Copyright form is signed and returned by the author at the time of submission of Extended Abstract, which subsequently takes a part of the symposium proceeding and is published on One Petro.
NOTE TO AUTHORS
- The JFES technical committee will carefully review all abstracts. Consequently, a notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstract will be sent to you via email no later than 22nd Apr 2022.
- The authors of accepted papers can submit an Extended Abstract (EA) by 15th July 2022. EA submission is not mandatory to make presentation in JFES symposium. The authors are requested to revise and resubmit it according to the reviews by the JFES Technical Committee. The EA will be published by OnePetro only after passing the committee review.
- The authors are also required to prepare a pre-recorded video of their paper presentation by 2nd September 2022. Recording narration over the slides is available with Microsoft PowerPoint. You can also use online conferencing systems to make the video (e.g. WebEx, Skype, Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams).
- A name of the presenting author needs to be informed to the committee at the time of extended abstract submission. Any co-author of the paper can replace the presenting author as long as the corresponding author inform the Vice President of Technology in a timely manner.
- Further detailed information and guideline about Extended Abstract and pre-recorded presentation submission will be announced when a notification of acceptance is made.
- The technical committee may upload the pre-recorded presentation online system and keep publishing to the symposium participants for a few weeks after the symposium.
- If a presenting author fails to submit the pre-recorded presentation without any previous notice, the author will be subject to a two-year ban at the annual symposium and for publication in Petrophysics.
Any change to this policy is at the discretion of the Vice President of Technology and will be studied on a case-by-case basis for exceptional cases.
For any inquiries, please visit the link below and send us a message.